Monday, June 12, 2006

Bettye Lavette rocks socks

Went into the city yesterday and was planning on going spice shopping so I got off midtown only to find myself smack in the middle of the Puerto Rican Day parade. jeez it was chaos, total chaos. I never made it to the spice shop and just walked thirty+ blocks to the Big Apple BBQ where I got a free Brooklyn beer (savings $4) and waited for Bettye Lavette to start singing.
She is amazing. I cannot wait to see her again, I must look into this.
KB actually showed and didn't stand me up for the third time! It was fun to catch up with her since we haven't seen each other since college, oh and DP's wedding six years ago. Then we paid for a beer and later got another for free (savings $8!). The BBQ was all gone and KB seemed disappointed and I found out that she is a total foodie and even makes her own ice cream, wow.
So we got tasty Regional Thai Taste in Chelsea. She ordered a mango caress and I a mojito, which totally sucked (loss of savings at $9 ea,hmpf) but they were very pretty:
We ordered the dinner box which I insisted on calling the box multiple times, since after the beer it seemed very amusing (dork!), the soup was awesome
and so was the box
heh heh :)
Feeling nostalgic I stopped off on the way home to visit RH at work since I hadn't seen her in nearly a year. Then we went for more drinks of course. Good times. Good times.

Song for today: Play something country - Brooks and Dunn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home