Thursday, June 08, 2006

Where is that darn romance?

What is the point of living without romance or any of the other pleasures of life?

This is the scariest website I have been to in a while. Jeez.

Tonight I made a birthday cake for a co-worker who it seems might not be getting a homemade cake on his 40th. It's a checkerboard cake, shhh, but I am not the finisher. I made it for my office mate (his ex) who doesn't have the time to make one by friday for her EX bf. I insist that she has to icer and frost or decorate it. Although I have to admit, it's a bit unfulfilling to make a 3 layer cake and not be able to finish it and see the result. well life goes on. Gosh, watching her backslide helps me out too. Last night, TA came over and we drank a bottle
which I recognized from the first sip as the wine I got polluted on that last night of class in nyc then fell asleep on the subway, anyway...she is such a strange bird. I mean really strange way of thinking of relationships and men in general. Somehow she has equated doing things for someone as a way of making them fall in love with her and stay there. HUH? How the hell did I wind up like me and she wind up like her, who the hell knows, but phew.

Life does not happen sitting home in my apt waiting for someone else to ask me to make plans. If only my friends were a bit more ambitious. I don't always want to be the cruise director!
I just reserved a weekend as a cowgirl! F the cowboys, they're probably all married or better, gay!

Song for today, brings me back to being a youngster:
Baby you're the best - Carly Simon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home