Monday, September 12, 2005

Vices...love em or leave em

After a long weekend of driving out to Southampton on friday, East Hampton on saturday and Shelter Island on sunday, I was happy to spend the majority of today reading some of the 6 magazines I got in my box today. Working just half a day was a relief, although I didn't do much else and it was another splendid day for being outside. Planning on watching Jeopardy! for the first time in a while, hopefully all of the reruns are over. Tony Bourdain has a decent show on the Travel Channel that I happened upon last week, I think it is called No Reservations, I posted a note on the fridge to remember to watch it.

I have decided to live without any of the vices I enjoyed in the past. My good friend, Nic, is no more. 1 day we have not spent together and I miss him like crazy, this will pass I am sure. His buddy, Al, was next, also 2 days of not drinking, although the night is still young, hah! The next vice I am looking to do without is food, well not food altogether obviously, but no more decadent indulgences for a while. Strictly tasty but healthy food. I don't consider cheese a vice so I think I will be ok. No diet soda (no problem), no snacking on packaged items made in a factory. No fried potatoes. Luckily sashimi doesn't fall into these categories or I would surely be fucked. Okay, thats the plan. Let's see if I feel better in a couple of days, if not, the next step is to buy a pack of smokes, open a bottle of wine and forget all this nonsense.

No song for today as I haven't listened to anything nor can I think of a theme for the day, well, maybe I can...really into this song for the past day or two...

Dreamgirl by Dave Matthews Band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home