Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Do I know you?

Another beautiful day, lucky for me I was out and about and trying not to work too hard. A woman stopped me and asked for directions this morning. I gave her an accurate and concise route to her destination. In the afternoon, I was in Riverhead at the Outlets returning something of course and was parked inconspicuously behind Banana Republic. I didn't want anyone to see the 'county' car while I was 'working'. hee hee. When I was headed back toward the car, an elderly British man struggling with a shitty map stopped me and asked for directions to the Hamptons. His actual words were, "Can you tell me what road I am on?" Now at this point I am standing next to him and he is almost eye level with me and reminds me of an older Dick. Furry brows and steep forehead, square head, thin mouth, kind of sagging cheeks, short. I almost wanted to send him out of the way but he was smoking a pipe. Who smokes a pipe anymore? I love the smell of pipe tobacco. I thought this was just so endearing...picture this short man, cropped grey hair, smoking a pipe behind a building with a crumpled up tourist map, the sun in his eyes, trying to get to Southampton. The best was his car. A big cadillac with Massachusetts plates. At the fucking outlets. How regal. Hah!

Cooked a surprisingly tasty curry shrimp and rice mishmash. No cheese today, but can't wait to try melting a wedge of Raclette I got at that Uncle something market in Smithtown.

Song for the day: Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home