Monday, September 05, 2005

Is lying the currency of the world?

Hurricane Katrina.....so fucking horrible. I would like to do more but there is only so much money we can give. It makes me very upset to read the paper and hear these people's stories. what about the pets?

On the way home tonight, America by Neil Diamond was playing on the radio and although I was singing all the words, it totally made me well up and then I realized how much I do appreciate living in this country. There really is a lot to offer here. I also decided that in my retirement I will have a farm and make cheese and bake rustic breads in a coal oven. I think I will make butter as well. I love butter, toast and cheese, so why not make it from start to finish....

Finally got around to seeing Closer on dvd, I didn't think it was fabulous. Although Clive Owen is a sexpot. There was a point that got to me...Jude Law's character asks his cheating woman why she told him she had slept with her ex after he asks her, she says because they had said that they would tell each to her the truth. He then states that she should have lied. "Lying is the currency of the world". Food for thought. I have been thinking about this for the past hour or so...why do people lie? The film seemed to be saying that people lie because they are cowards. Maybe that is why we value the truth, maybe it is a rarity.

Too much sun this weekend, gorgeous fucking weather, finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home