Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I forgot how cheesy I am

I completely forgot to mention the food shops I visited in the city. Well, it's silly to run through the list now but I did take some pics of other cheese I enjoyed recently.


This is a greek cheese, Manouri. I think that is the correct spelling but who gives a rats ass when it so tasty? Serious now, I don't know how to describe it but it seems like a firm chevre but tastes like a salty fresh mozzy. It's just good. I attempted to eat other than straight out of the wrapper but that never happened.

I also tried this Australian cheddar, mostly because it was only $2.00/lb. I usually don't try cheddars but there was a sample lady and I watched her cut a piece then put a pick in it so I figured communal food was ok this once. It was creamy and mild but not like our cheddar so I purchased a chunk. That was 2 weeks ago and there is still some left so I'm not a huge pig lately. Then again I haven't been home that much so...


Forgive my crappy pics. Don't bother with Grace's Marketplace on the UES either, it doesn't come close to Fairway or Zabar's, it was more like a pricey Whole Foods. Which brings me to Union Square where I love the Whole Foods market AND the recently opened Trader Joe's has a separate wine store where I purchased 2 bottles of wine for less than $9!!! Now that's a deal! And no the wine doesn't suck, well the vino verde I got was good but that's always cheap. I got a malbec too but I don't have high hopes for that. I didn't see any two buck chuck which i was looking for to make fun of. Hmpf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home