Friday, July 07, 2006

Where friends meet to eat

Today we woke up and headed out to taste the "best burger in America" at Kincaid's in Fort Worth
and I would testify that this was THE best burger I have ever eaten and I don't even like beef! The old school atmosphere
only added to the charm of this joint. Huggies and I agreed that we would fly half away across this country to eat this
again and the onion rings were fuggin good too!
After the belly buster we headed to this sundance square area of town and what do you know, it was nearly happy hour so we had a drink at Reata which had a groovy modern country feel with much attention to detail. After walking around a bit and consulting my trusty guidebook (of course) I dragged Huggies for beer at the Flying Saucer which unfortunately we don't have many pics of except of course for one of me with a Shiner Bock

While we were sippin on brew, some friendly texans made our acquaintance and drilled that address into our brains forever, 3563 west 4th street!!! Huggies digi was having a spaz attack and we are left only with this impression:
So we are unable to send the said promised postcard. We did have lots of fun though. Ahhh good times, good times. After an extended happy hour or two we headed to (drumroll please) look for authentic cowboys and we had no idea what we were in for when we entered the

We spent the evening (after sneaking in for free) at the largest honky tonk in the world(??) probably. There were lots of men in wranglers, cowboy hats and boots. It was fuggin surreal but a shitload of fun.
This young buck (ignore my stupid ass face here)
got us into the preferred seating area to see Kevin Fowler
whoever the F that is. Apparantly dancing the two step is a big deal here and Huggies and I were dragged onto the dancefloor more than once to attempt this silly dance. I could not handle this country life. After the place closed (at 2am!!) we headed back to Dallas for a slumber in our feather topped beds. I didn't even get to wash my face, ho hum.

song for today: Play something country - Brooks and Dunn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home