Monday, July 10, 2006

We bid you adieu dear Dallas

Today we went for food at Blue Mesa Grill which held no surprises except for some tasty tableside guac which was made by the waiter from Rhode Island or was it Maine???


Keeping inline with my psychic lottery dreams I bought a scratch off when we got gas and I won $4.00!! I think it was because I used a quarter that had Texas on it which I got as change IN Texas!! So I had to buy another ticket and scratch it off in the same spot with the same quarter and I won again, $4.00!! This continued for four more tickets until I hit the motherload, $10.00 on one ticket!!!
I had a feeling I might be pushing my luck and the clerk was starting to get freaked out but I bought one more ticket and lost, ho hum :(
I lost count but I think in the end I wound up being $15 richer off of a $1 investment, that's pretty damn good, even on the East coast!
We made to the airport without rushing and Huggies was happy about that. I managed not to lose any earrings or bracelets but did lose my fave pair of sunglasses, shucks. BUT Huggies and I both said we had a blast and would do it again anytime. On the plane we started talking about our next last minute vacation ideas and giggled over our ridiculousness the past few days.
To make things even more amusing, instead of my mother coming to pick us up at the airport, both parental units came and we sat in the back seat like teenagers coming home from the mall. Good times, good times.

The rest of our decadence in '06 Texas is documented in the albums link for your viewing pleasure.

song for today: simple man - lynryd skynyrd

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue Mesa's a really good place to eat here in Dallas for that kind of food. I think one of my cousins says it's his favorite restaurant in a long time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home