Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Innocence and mayhem all at once

What are we listening to today?

Insomnia for the past 2 days...woke up after 2 hrs of napping to Keane's Your Eyes Open. This set the tone for the morning which led to a car ride including Culture Club's Do you Really want to hurt me, which led to a draggin ass morning which then ended in a chaotic morning. First running to testify in court for a drunk who wound up being taken to the hospital because he came to court drunk. Went out east and saw DB and Jolie which was quietly amusing. East hampton radio must have had me in mind because the afternoon picked up with the music riding the 40 minutes back 'up island'. Some Barenaked ladies and Echo and the Bunnymen lifted my mood a bit but not enough so I switched to some super cheesy station which made my ears bleed. Coldplay is fucking everywhere on the dial so I went back to EH radio and got my Bowie fix for the day which made me happy. Found some Skynyrd which I sang real loud and then laughed at myself when I saw an elderly couple staring up at me. When I got in the car at night to come home, more Keane...fucking inescapable. We might as well be strangers, hmmpf! Good band nevertheless.

After all this, 2 songs of the day: Let's Dance by Bowie. That androgynous freak. AND Going Through the Motions by Aimee Mann.

My top male musicians and not just for listening to: Sting (but of course my dear), Robert Plant, Chris Cornell (the voice not the man)....hmmmm can't finish the list yet.

I forgot the interesting thoughts I had today. I need sleep. Oh I remember, I think Simon Cowell is an ass on American Idol but very amusing otherwise, minus the jowels, he should take care of them with botox or something. Those remind me of Dick. I mean the title of his book is what I say at least once a day, "I don't mean to be rude but..." I am just giving my opinion. Maybe if I wear the same ugly black Armani shirts all the time I can get lots of cash for insulting people, hell I do it for free now!

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those Cali pics were good enough to eat! Oh and the food looked yummy too :)
love
DB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home