Monday, July 25, 2005

When our paths cross again will I punch him in the brain?

So what is the moral of this saga....I am done with the "Thelma & Louise" trips, aside from Mickey being extremely well behaved, they have not worked out this summer and I am probably more cynical and now starting to doubt my instincts, which I have always trusted. I have to admit I was duped and that is hard to swallow. I cannot believe that I misjudged someone so much so and I actually believed lies to be true, coming from someone that was, at best, a distant friend. I just don't get it. I am unable to accept that this person who I considered to be a friend, would be so...not what they presented. Why waste our time. I am still shocked that someone would outright fib to me and not just say the truth. You get what you give, no?
We all know that I am honest to a fault, which I know a lot of people think is one of my major flaws but on the upside, you never have to wonder what I mean.
I am kicking myself silly because I let someone back into my world when they had wronged me in the past, but I was supposed to be turning over this new leaf, being more forgiving and not cutting people off so easily, yadda yadda...so what is the lesson in this? Maybe cutting people off who disrespect you is the correct move. Maybe forgiveness is overrated. I don't expect others to forgive me if I wrong them and don't give an explanation of my actions.
I have been told that I am wrong to assume that everyone treats people the way they want to be treated.
My girl TD tells me that it is easier to lie than tell the truth sometimes. I think this is crap. Sometimes the truth hurts but that's life. I wonder if this dodgey person is really that manipulative and calculated or just unwilling to admit that he got some satisfaction from fucking with a tough bitch like me. The major issue is why someone would initiate anything with ME, a second time no less, if they could not tie it up in a sweet little bow and close the chapter nicely. What did they think was going to happen? Instead I have to take that time in KW and all of those, I mean ALL of those hours on the phone and believe it to be bullshit. Hmmph! How fucking unsettling. I can't get those hours back. They are on the timeline of our lives.
Maybe I do expect too much of people. Although I never expected anything, he said we had unfinished business. He made me like him. I do expect an explanation, I don't want to think it was all bullshit. I don't want to think he is evil.
I do want to know why he wanted me to have photos of him, the "office", the jeep, the porsche, the haircut. Why did he want me to take that photo of him in his jumpsuit? He should not have discussed me with his friends and told me such. Why didn't he just leave me alone after KW? I did not pursue him. Why did he want me to remember him? How does he want me to remember him?
Pondering these questions...but alas we might never get an answer, which is unbelievably disappointing. It is never too late to set things right. Something can always be said. I can only hope that he has the decency to say it, for better or for worse.
I always put my two cents in and I am still cute as hell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home